(PRESS RELEASE): Godlyke, Inc. is pleased to announce the release of the Maxon OD808X Overdrive Extreme.
Based on the classic “808” circuit that Maxon invented over 30 years ago, the OD808X offers a wider frequency response with an extended hi-frequency range. This added tonal range has been carefully tuned to provide additional clarity without becoming harsh, and will also accentuate high-gain settings.
Additional Features of the OD808X Overdrive Extreme are as follows:
• Drive, Tone and Level Controls
• Buffered bypass switching with low impedance output to drive long cable lengths without loss of signal.
• Status LED indicates bypass/effect and battery condition for trouble-free performance.
• 9V battery or AC adaptor operation
• 3-Year Limited Warranty
• Made in Japan
• List Price $209 / Street Price $159
The Overdrive Extreme also offers more gain and harder clipping than the standard OD808, creating amp-like distortion with excellent note definition. An increased output level allows the OD808X to be used as a semi-dirty booster to drive an amp.
Find out more: Godlyke, Inc