Jimmy Page Undertakes Remastering Campaign of Led ZeppCatalogue -
Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page isreportedly undertaking a huge remastering campaign in which he willremaster every Led Zeppelin LP, according to hismanager Peter Mensch, who revealed the news to the Sunday Times.
It is understood the new remasters could possibly includealternate studio takes and previously unheard and unreleasedmaterial.
Page himself recently told Mojo Magazine thatthere are plans to rerelease each Zeppelin record as a specialedition box-set complete with additional material. It isalso believed that contemporary artist ShepardFairey, who is the mastermind behind the OBEY clothing brand,has been approached to redesign the artwork.
In related news the release date for LedZeppelin to release concert film, 'CelebrationDay' on November 19th.
The project will be available in multiple video and audioformats:
* Standard Editions - 1-DVD/2-CD set and 1-Blu-ray/2-CDset
* Deluxe Editions - 2-DVD/2-CD set and 1-Blu-ray/1-DVD/2-CD setfeaturing exclusive bonus video content includingthe Shepperton rehearsals, and BBC news footage.
* Music Only CD Edition - 2-CD set
* Music Only Blu-ray Audio Edition - Blu-ray Audio releasefeaturing high-resolution 48K 24 bit PCM stereo and DTS-HD MasterAudio 5.1 surround sound audio only, no video
* Vinyl Edition - 3 LPs, 180-gram, audiophile quality vinyl(Available December 11)
* Digital Edition - Audio will be available at all digital retailoutlets