Ohio-based effects pedal manufacturer EarthQuaker Devices will release the Space Spiral Modulated Delay device at the 2017 Winter NAMM show in Anaheim, CA. The Space Spiral is an analog-voiced digital delay with 30ms – 600ms of delay time and a variable waveshape LFO affecting the repeated signal.
EarthQuaker says the Space Spiral is “. . . a dark and dreamy modulated delay designed to take you across the highways of fantasy. If you are a fan of . . . old oil can delays or . . . well-loved tape delay[s], the Space Spiral is totally going to tickle your tone bone.”
The Space Spiral’s LFO, which modulates the repeats of the delay line, is variable from a “soothing triangle shape” to a “choppy square shape.” EQD encourages users to experiment with the LFO’s “Depth” and “Rate” controls to create unique polyrhythmic modulated delay textures.
The Space Spiral is available at EarthQuaker Devices dealers worldwide on Thursday, January 19th, 2017.
Space Spiral Features:
- 30ms – 600ms analog-voiced digital delay
- Dark, dreamy, murky delay sounds reminiscent of vintage oil can and tape unit
- Variable waveshape LFO affecting delay repeats
- Silent soft-touch switching
- All-analog dry signal path
- All-digital wet signal path
- Lifetime guarantee
- MAP - $195 US
- Built by the hands of cadets on the red line overload through the starry skies of Akron, Ohio
For more information on EarthQuaker Devices Space Spiral Modulated Delay.