Guitars has announced its new Traditional Series of handmade acoustic guitar and mandolin cases.
Designed and expertly crafted in the Collings shop, these sleekly contoured cases combine vintage-style construction with modern durability and offer a custom fit perfectly matched to Collings instruments.
Built with a no compromise approach, Collings cases embody the same standards of craftsmanship and attention to detail that have made Collings instruments world renowned. Bill Collings designed his new cases over a six year R&D period, incorporating the lightweight, custom fit quality of 1930’s era cases, but with added strength and durability. Custom hardware and materials were developed to eliminate all the common inconveniences and failure points of most modern cases, all while maintaining a vintage aesthetic. The result is a completely handcrafted custom case that is built right alongside the instruments it will contain.
In addition to designing their functionality, Bill Collings added his own unique and vintage inspired aesthetic touches to these cases: a purple crushed velvet interior for guitars and green for mandolins, custom imprinted and vintage-styled Collings hardware, and voluptuous case arches that hint at the form of the inner instrument. In every way, this is a case that amplifies the experience of owning a fine Collings instrument and will protect it for decades to come.
KEY FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Arched 3-ply poplar construction with alternating grain for superior strength
- Heavy-duty 22oz vinyl exterior for long lasting durability
- Collings custom vintage-style spring latches and nickel-plated steel hinges
- High density Injection molded padding for a precise drop-in fit and exceptional protection
- Reinforced grained leather handle with and welded “D” attachment rings
- Color-fast Rayon interior with a crushed velvet texture for a luxurious feel
- Custom in-house molded rubber case bumper for added shock absorption
Collings Original Vintage-style Cases
Collings Traditional Cases are available through authorized Collings retailers.