Upon the request of countless customers over the years, Brian Wampler has created the next stage in the evolution of the Faux Tape EchoTM.
While keeping the original analog dry path, the Faux Tape Echo v2 provides up to 600ms of clean, tape-style delay with realistic modulation and note decay. There is more time on tap, with the Faux Tape Echo capable of up to about 800ms total of delay time, but with light grit on the delay signal past 600ms because of pushing the delay chip to its absolute maximum. V2 has done away with the on/off switch for the modulation and substituted with two streamlined controls for Rate and Depth to control the lush modulation, where turning each fully counter clockwise will add no effect to the delay signal. The Repeats and Delax Mix are still present in this newest version, allowing the delay signal to be integrated on top of the analog dry path seamlessly for the desired blend of delay without losing your base tone and the warmth it provides. The Repeats controlranges from one repeat fully counter clockwise to self-oscillation past 3pm, with the oscillation being tamed via the Tone knob. The Tone knob affects only the delay signal, not the analog signal at all, allowing the player to dial in very warm and ambient-style repeats, or brighter and more percussive repeats rolling the knob clockwise The Delay knob dictates the delay time, which is also controllable with the built-in tap tempo switch. This newest version goes a step further and provides four subdivisions to choose from:1/4 note, 1/8th, dotted 1/8th and triplet, which are based on your tap tempo.
- Built in the U.S.A.
- High grade components picked for their superior sound and response
- Relay true bypass with soft switches
- Top mounted input and output jacks
- Battery connection and 9v power jack (barrel plug like Boss)
- Sub divisions available on Tap Tempo. Quarter, eighth, dotted eighth and Triplets.
- About 800ms of delay time available (very slight echo deterioration is apparent after about 600ms)
- Analog dry path with digital delay signal stacked on top
- 3.5” x 4.5” x 1.5″
- 5 year warranty
For more information Wampler Pedals' Faux Tape Echo v2.