(PRESS RELEASE): TASCAM, the brand synonymous with professional recording products, has released the US-20x20, the flagship model in its line of interfaces. With eye-catching style, a high-performance BlackFin processor and high quality microphone preamplifiers, the US-20x20 is perfect for use in any recording facility.
20 inputs and 20 outputs make for great versatility, with the US-20x20 featuring eight XLR/TRS inputs, two TRS inputs and multi-channel digital inputs via S/PDIF coaxial and optical digital connectors. High quality mic preamps have an equivalent input noise of -125dBu to ensure pristine audio quality. The versatility of these preamps enable the use of both condenser and dynamic microphones, whilst guitars can connect directly enabling the use of 3rd-party plug-in effects and a wide dynamic range easily handles the recording of drums.
Adding to the US-20x20’s versatility, it is able to be used as an interface for multitrack recording, a standalone mic preamp or a live performance mixer thanks to intelligent mode switching.
To counter latency issues occasionally found with computer-based recording, new driver software has been developed with the high-performance Dual Core BlackFin DSP processor offering high-resolution recording at up to 192 kHz/24 bit.
Tested with a range of DAW software such as Sonar, Pro Tools, Cubase, Live, Studio One and GarageBand, the US-20x20 is also compatible with iOS devices without the need for an additional audio interface.
With an angled, eye-catching design, the US-20x20 looks at home on a desktop, whilst a rack-mount adapter is also included for greater flexibility.
- High-quality Ultra-HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) microphone pre-amps with ultra-low noise (EIN: –125 dBu)
- Recording at up to 192 kHz/24 bit
- Support for Windows and Mac operating systems
- USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 computer connection for 40-channel audio transmission at 44.1/48 kHz or 24-channel audio transmission at 176.4/192 kHz
- 20 inputs/20 outputs available at 44.1/48 kHz/24 bit (10 analogue channels + 2 digital S/PDIF channels + 8 optical channels)
- 16 inputs/16 outputs available at 88.2/96 kHz/24 bit (10 analogue channels + 2 digital S/PDIF channels + 4 S/MUX optical channels)
- 12 inputs/12 outputs available at 176.4/192 kHz/24 bit (10 analogue channels + 2 digital S/PDIF channels)
- Three selectable operation modes: audio interface, standalone mic preamp, digital mixer
- DSP mixer with 4-band EQ and compression on each input channel (can be used in
- Interface/Mixer mode)
- Patch bay allows outputs to be assigned freely (can be used in Interface/Mixer mode)
- DSP mixer settings can be stored in up to 10 scenes
- USB Audio Compliance 2.0 for iPads and other iOS devices
- Reverb effect can be added to the monitored audio
- Low-latency monitoring via the DSP mixer
Inputs and outputs
- Eight XLR/TRS combo jack analogue inputs with switchable phantom power (48 V)
- Inputs 1 and 2 can be used for direct guitar input
- Two TRS (balanced) inputs on rear panel
- Input level range of 56 dB for using dynamic mics
- Ten TRS (balanced) analogue outputs
- TOS LINK optical digital multi-channel input and output (8 channels at 44.1/48 kHz, supporting S/MUX2 and S/MUX4)
- S/PDIF coaxial digital input and output
- BNC word clock input and output
- Two standard TRS headphones outputs with 2 x 70 mW output power
- Separate controls for line and headphones output levels
- MIDI input/output
- DAW compatibility (Sonar, ProTools, Cubase, Live, Studio One, Garage Band)
- Rack-mount adapter included
- Dedicated AC adapter included
- Angled industrial design provides excellent usability on a desktop
For more information on TASCAM's US-20x20 Audio Interface