(PRESS RELEASE): New version offers unrivalled tone and flexibility for modern metal guitar.
Pro Tone Pedals has just introduced the 3rd iteration of its flagship product, The Dead Horse Overdrive MKIII. With unrivalled tone and flexibility, it’s been called the best overdrive for modern metal guitar tones on the market today.
In 2007, Dead Horse Overdrive was Pro Tone Pedals’ entry into the Tube Screamer clone space. They modified the classic TS design to their liking, gave it a tongue in cheek name, and with its huge success has evolved to this 3rd iteration.
Now you can dial in the classic Dead Horse response, the traditional mid hump of the TS line, a more bass friendly curve for the 7 and 8-string players, or even the extreme bass cut found on their Attack Overdrive.
Most notable to this new version is the addition of the 6-way Bass Frequency selection switch, which, combined with the Bass foot switch, offers a total of seven different settings to dial in the ‘voice’ of the overdrive.
A question that comes to mind is why a switch, why not a sweeping knob? According to Dennis Mollan, founder of Pro Tone Pedals, “Performing a clean sweep would require adding more components to the audio path, which detracts from the overall voice of the pedal. Consider all the Screamer clones that added active EQs and have come and gone from the market. The reason they fail is that the active EQ destroys the tonal character players have come to know and trust. To cure this, we have seven frequency roll-off settings that require almost zero additional components to gum up your tone.”
- Gain, Tone and Volume controls
- Bass Frequency Filter Foot Switch
- Variable Bass Frequency 6-way switch allowing you to control the bass frequencies cut off point
- Operates on a standard 9 volt (negative tip) BOSS style adapter (included free with U.S. orders)
- Hardwired True Bypass with grounded input for noise free operation
- Stomp switches built to withstand years of hard stomping shows
- Durable aluminum housing
- Super-Bright LEDs for easy onstage identification
- Proudly hand-crafted in he U.S.A.
Dead Horse MKIII Walk-Through
For more information on Pro Tone Pedals' The Dead Horse Overdrive MKIII