(PRESS RELEASE): AKG announce immediate availability of the C314 dual-diaphragm condenser microphone matched pair stereo set.
The AKG C314 dual-diaphragm condenser microphone builds upon the legacy of one of the most successful microphone families in the world. Ideal for all studio environments ranging from home to professional studios, the C314 offers a best in class self-noise and dynamic range, a flat, high linear frequency response and neutral sound, making it the perfect recording microphone for a variety of environments.
“The C214 holds the distinction of being the top-selling recording microphone in the United States, and the C314 is the latest model in this family of microphones,” said Erich Gaertner, Product Line Manager, AKG. “We expect the C314 to achieve even greater success thanks to its affordability, versatility and world-class audio quality.”
The C314 is the latest in AKG’s family of microphones whose models include the C214, C414 B-XL II and C414 B-TL II, among others. All models in this category-leading family are condenser microphones, designed specifically for recording applications.
- Dual-diaphragm capsule with four selectable polar patterns. Each of the diaphragms is matched to guarantee the highest polar pattern accuracy.
- The same C414 XLS gold-plated membrane for high linearity and neutral sound.
- Overload LED Detection Display, which indicates overly high sound pressure levels. This feature allows the user to make adjustments to the microphone setup rather than in the recorded track.
- Integrated capsule suspension, reducing mechanical noise and resonances. A double-mesh, all-metal grille protects the capsule and ensures high RF immunity without affecting the microphone’s acoustical performance. 20 dB attenuation pad and bass-cut filter for close-up recording and reduction of the proximity effect.
- Included Accessories: Rugged carrying case, 2x W214 windscreens, 1x H50 stereo bar, 2x H85 spider suspension mounts and 2x SA60 stand adapters.
For more information on AKG's C314