(PRESS RELEASE): Universal Audio and Softube are proud to announce the Marshall “Plexi” Super Lead plug-in — the only Marshall-branded amplifier plug-in on the market — coming exclusively to Apollo audio interfaces and the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform in May 2015.
The 100-watt Marshall Super Lead Model 1959, commonly referred to as the “Plexi,” is one of the world’s most celebrated guitar amps. Softube worked with Marshall and recording engineer Tony Platt (AC/DC’s Highway to Hell and Back in Black) to craft a stunningly faithful emulation of Marshall’s own reference Super Lead Model 1959 amp, built in 1967 and captured using an era-correct 1960BHW speaker cabinet in Kore Studios, London.
Now users of Universal Audio’s Apollo audio interfaces can get the dead-on Marshall Super Lead tone as they record in real time, while users of UAD-2 hardware can re-amp previously recorded tracks through this amazingly accurate plug-in.
- Faithful emulation of Marshall’s own reference Super Lead Model 1959 amp, built in 1967 with an era-correct 1960BHW speaker cabinet
- Perfect for mixing and reamping with UAD-2 hardware, or tracking in real time with Apollo audio interfaces
- Microphone selections and placements by Tony Platt (AC/DC), captured in Kore Studios, London
- 3 different microphone combinations available — FET, Valve, and Dynamic — with three separate mics per setting
- Channel strip includes pans and volume faders for each mic, plus two band EQ
- Developed by Softube, available in May for $199 in the UA Online Store
For more information: Universal Audio