(PRESS RELEASE): The brand new Warwick Stu Hamm Signature Bass impressively combines the over 30-year's of experience within the Warwick Custom Shop team and the experience of well-known American bass icon Stu Hamm. It took two years to develop this unique signature instrument. This bass guitar is based on the popular Warwick Streamer Broadneck. Compared with the Streamer Broadneck, the upper body horn has been shifted slightly toward the 12. fret. At the same time, the lower body horn has been altered to make access to the upper frets even more comfortable.
Also Stu Hamm asked for decreased distance between the body and strings to facilitate his unique playing style. For this reason, the instrument incorporates a cavity in the area of the bridge, which has been set deep in the body to create the necessary string pressure. This unique detail introduces a new playing feel many bassists will find interesting.
Stu Hamm has published several solo CDs and played with Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Frank Gambale, Richie Kotzen, Eric Johnson, the Michael Schenker Group, Thomas Tomsen and Matthias Arp.
Specifications Warwick Stu Hamm Signature Bass
- Strings: 4 strings
- Construction: bolt on
- Fretless version with Tigerstripe ebony fingerboard
- Headstock: matching to body
- Machine heads: Warwick machine heads with Hipshot D-tuner and wooden knobs - Nuts: Warwick just a Nut III Brass
- Scale Length: 864 mm / 34"
- Frets: 24 jumbo bronze (extra hard) frets (width: 2.9mm/ height: 1.3mm)
- Wood: rosewood fingerboard
- Fingerboard inlays: dots
- Neck wood: Birdseye maple with rosewood stripes
- Neck shape: Stu Hamm neck shape
- Fingerboard radius: 508 mm / 20"
- Thickness neck 1. fret: 19.5 mm
- Thickness neck 12. fret: 21.0 mm
- Neck nut width: 41.5 mm
- Width neck 12. fret: 56.7 mm
- Body: red alder
- Pickups neck: EMG X Soapbar MM
- Pickups bridge: EMG X Soapbar J
- Electronics: active EMG 2 way / 1 volume neck/ 1 volume bridge, balance, treble/bass stacked - Control knobs: dome speeds
- Bridge system: 2-piece brass Warwick bridge
- Hardware color: chrome
- Strap locks: Warwick security locks
- String gauge: EMP strings, 045 " ; 065 ; 085 ; 105"
- Packing: flight case by RockCase® (RC 10830 SA W)
- Finish body: metallic
- Finish neck: natural OFC back of neck
- Certificate: individual issued certificate of authenticity
For more info visit Framus & Warwick