Boutique pedal brand EC Pedals are crowd funding a new campaign via Indiegogo to launch the world's first modular pedal switcher. The SuperSwitcher 2 has been designed to work with guitar, bass and any applications that require smart loop routing.
The SuperSwitcher 2 has been made using the very best parts and components the company could source, including high quality, military-grade aluminum chassis and parts from Alpha switches, Neutrik jacks, Bourns, Omron Relays, Davies USA made knobs, Microchip MCUs and more.
(From company website): The SuperSwitcher 2 is a programmable switching system for guitar, bass and any applications that require smart loop routing.
The unit includes the most advanced features built for a switcher inside a compact design enclosure, allowing the player to have, for the first time ever, a smart programmable device that can be placed in almost any size pedalboard and include all the features players need:
- Audio loops
- Relay switches (to control amp channels & reverb)
- Midi In & Out to control presets and other midi applications
- Switchable audio buffer
- Basic Internal tuner (Tuner Out is also available)
- The option to choose only the modules and features you need (custom)
For the first time ever, we managed to build a smart modular design, allowing the players to order exactly what they want and have their own custom switcher without paying $2000 for it.
The modular design is built from 2 types of modules - mandatory modules that come with any switcher, and optional modules. The default setup of modules we choose includes all the features that we feel are the best combination for most players - these are the specs for our standard SuperSwitcher 2:
- 8 Audio loops for pedals (7 mono and 1 mono send/stereo return loop)
- 2 relay switches -you can control amp channels, turn on the reverb in your amp and basically use anything that requires a latching switch with just one standard PL stereo cable.
- Midi in & out - controls presets on your digital pedals and all other midi applications your setup has, Including an expression pedal jack!
- Switchable audio buffer at the input of the switcher - keep the spark of your guitar signal that you lose with long cables with this high quality buffer.
- FX Loop module - allows you to break the connection between loops in order to have "in from amp pedals" and "fx loop pedals" setup, When ordering you will have the option to choose where to "break" the connection for you - after 4 loops or after 6 loops. For example - loops 1-6 will include wah , filter and distortion pedals, which will be sent to the amp Input. From the amp's FX loop of your amp you will send the signal back to the FX loop module of the switcher in order to have delay & reverb pedals at loops 7-8.
- Internal tuner - that's right! We have a basic guitar tuner built into the switcher! We also include a tuner out jack, if you want to use your own, more advanced tuner (signal is muted when using the tuner feature so no one in the crowd hears you tune).
- Stereo outputs L&R
- 99 Banks with 5 presets on each bank.
- GND lift switch
Module Options For Custom Ordering
If you choose the custom module order you will have some options to choose and change from our default setup:
- Remove the FX loop module in exchange for 2 additional relay switches
- Remove the midi module in exchange for 2 additional relay switches (and keeping the FX loop module.
- Exchange loops 7 and 8 for 2 stereo loops***
- Exchange tuner out for A\B selectable inputs***
- Exchange stereo outputs for A\B selectable outputs***
Playing It Live Modes and Presets
The advanced MCU processor inside the switcher allows you to have 99 banks with 5 presets in each bank. Each preset can include any combination of turning on certain loops, switching amp channels and sending midi commands-all in one click!
The switcher also has Manual Mode which allows you to turn on a couple of pedals inside any presets. For example, set switches 1-4 in bank A as presets, and switch 5 as a manual switch for loop 8 (let's say a delay pedal). Now you can kick the delay pedal in and out with switch 5 within any of the 1-4 presets!
Another mode we have is the Silly Mode, which cancels all presets and makes the switcher act as a standard true bypass looper (switch 1 will turn loop 1 on, etc.).
The MCU also allows wireless features, USB connectivity, iPhone control via Bluetooth and many more advanced features***
*** These features will be available only if we reach a specific amount of funding - see IF WE REACH section.
SuperSwitcher 2 - EC Pedals Indiegogo Video
Find out even more about the Superswicther II, here.