Jonny Hepbir announces new ‘Gypsy Jazz’ App for Guitarists -
Gypsy Jazz Guitarist, Jonny Hepbir and Manatee Development Studios have teamed up to produce a new App for guitarists, Gypsy Jazz Jam. A collection of high quality, classic Gypsy Jazz backing tracks, recorded with real guitar and bass – with not a MIDI file in sight!
The App is free to download from the App Store for iPhone, iPad and iPod, is simple to use and is suitable for any instrument, from beginner through to professional players, as a perfect accompaniment to any practise regime.
- Chord charts with bar markers, making tunes easy to follow as you play.
- Adjustable tempo, a helpful feature that allows you to set the tempo to slower or faster, without reducing the audio quality.
- Looping facility, enabling you to set the number of choruses you want to play along to (up to 32 times), allowing you to shred to your heart's content!
- Practise the melodies you've learnt at your own pace, ideal for improvisation at any level.
- New song packs added regularly, as in-app purchases, to build your repertoire.
Gypsy Jazz Jam is not just for melody and solos, it's perfect for practising 'la pompe' rhythm too. Get match-fit for your next jam session or gig!
We are proud to include British, jazz guitar legend, John Etheridge (Stéphane Grappelli, The Soft Machine, Nigel Kennedy), as one of our Gypsy Jazz Jam users, who said:
“What a refreshingly presented app... real guitar and bass so your ears don't get irritated by midi files... like being in the room with the rhythm section...”
The Gypsy Jazz Jam App is free to download worldwide from the App Store and includes two free songs, Minor Swing and Swing 42. The additional in-app purchase song packs are priced at £2.99 (UK) / $4.99 (US) each and include classic Gypsy Jazz repertoire. We are currently working on an Android version.