Mike Matthews Inducted into Vintage Guitar Hall of Fame -
Electro-Harmonix President and Founder, Mike Matthews, has been inducted into Vintage Guitar Magazine's Hall of Fame in the category of Innovator. He joins the ranks of such luminaries as Leo Fender, Les Paul, Lloyd Loar and Jim Marshall.
Matthews' nomination and selection speaks volumes about his achievements and the influence his products have had on the way popular music is made. Those innovations include
- First product to introduce the age of overdrive: LPB-1 Linear Power Booster
- First portable, battery powered, guitar amp; Freedom Amp
- First electronic flanger: Electric Mistress
- First with an analog delay: Memory Man
- First inexpensive digital delay: 2 Second Digital Delay
- First to pioneer an electronic looper: the 16 Second Digital Delay
- First to introduce inexpensive sampling: Instant Replay, then the Super Replay
He's been responsible for iconic effects pedals like the Big Muff Pi and the POG2 Polyphonic Octave Generator. More recently, he continues to redefine the landscape of effects with products like the Freeze Sustainer, Ravish Sitar Pedal, Superego Synth Engine and the ground-breaking Crying Tone Wah Pedal with no moving parts.