Queen Classic the Biggest Selling UK Rock Single -
Queen classic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' is
officially the biggest-selling rock single in UK history, reports
Classic Rock Magazine.
Queen head up a top-ten laden with Beatles numbers plus tracks from Sir Paul McCartney's Wings and John Lennon.
The figures are taken from the Official Charts Company who released the findings to celebrate 60 years since the first-ever singles chart.
Queen are also the second biggest selling band with regards to overall singles sold, selling 12.8 millions. Only the Fab Four have sold more with 22.1 million.
'Bohemian Rhapsody' was released on 31st October 1975 and was written by Freddie Mercury for the band's 1975 album 'A Night at the Opera.'
UK's biggest-selling rock singles of all time
1. Queen: Bohemian Rhapsody (1975) 2.36m
2. Wings: Mull of Kintyre / Girls' School (1977) 2.00m
3. The Beatles: She Loves You (1963) 1.90m
4. The Beatles: I Want To Hold Your Hand (1963) 1.77m
5. Bryan Adams: (Everything I Do) I Do It For You (1991) 1.72m
6. John Lennon: Imagine (1975) 1.60m
7. The Beatles: Can't Buy Me Love (1964) 1.53m
8. Bill Haley & His Comets: Rock Around The Clock (1955) 1.42m
9. The Beatles: I Feel Fine (1964) 1.41m
10. Survivor: Eye of the Tiger (1982) 1.41m
UK's best-selling singles rock bands
1. The Beatles: 22.1m - most successful track: She Loves
2. Queen: 12.8m - most successful track: Bohemian Rhapsody
3. Rolling Stones: 10.1m - most successful track: (I Can't Get No) Satisfactino
4. U2: 7.5m - most successful track: With Or Without You
5. Status Quo: 7.2m - most successful track: Rockin' All Over the World