Jimmy Page Undertakes Remastering Campaign of Led Zepp
Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page is reportedly undertaking a huge remastering campaign in which he will remaster every Led Zeppelin LP, according to his manager Peter Mensch, who revealed the news to the Sunday Times.
It is understood the new remasters could possibly include
alternate studio takes and previously unheard and unreleased
Page himself recently told Mojo Magazine that there are plans to rerelease each Zeppelin record as a special edition box-set complete with additional material. It is also believed that contemporary artist Shepard Fairey, who is the mastermind behind the OBEY clothing brand, has been approached to redesign the artwork.
In related news the release date for Led
Zeppelin to release concert film, 'Celebration
Day' on November 19th.
The project will be available in multiple video and audio formats:
* Standard Editions - 1-DVD/2-CD set and 1-Blu-ray/2-CD
* Deluxe Editions - 2-DVD/2-CD set and 1-Blu-ray/1-DVD/2-CD set featuring exclusive bonus video content including the Shepperton rehearsals, and BBC news footage.
* Music Only CD Edition - 2-CD set
* Music Only Blu-ray Audio Edition - Blu-ray Audio release featuring high-resolution 48K 24 bit PCM stereo and DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 surround sound audio only, no video
* Vinyl Edition - 3 LPs, 180-gram, audiophile quality vinyl (Available December 11)
* Digital Edition - Audio will be available at all digital retail outlets