A full-length behind-the-scenes look at the forthcoming Deep Purple tribute album, "Re-Machined: A Tribute To Machine Head," has been posted online. Watch it below.
Up until now, information about the album has been been surfacing a little at a time. The previous teaser video seen below, featuring Joe Bonamassa and Jimmy Barnes didn't give too much away but now fans can delve deeper into the project, with studio footage and interviews with Metallica, Jimmy Barnes, Chickenfoot, Steve Lukather, Glenn Hughes and many more of the players involved.
"All the stuff that we do, and have been doing for the
last thirty years," says
Metallica's Lars Ulrich, "and
the bands in the 80s and 90s and in the last decade… it all traces
back to Deep Purple…and, obviously, to a
degree, Black Sabbath and Led
Zeppelin - but Purple had their own niche in that
Due to be released on September 25, the compilation CD featuring re-interpretations of Deep Purple's landmark 1972 album with songs recorded by Metallica, Iron Maiden, Chickenfoot, Black Label Society and more.
'Machine Head' was Deep Purple's most successful record, reaching number 1 in the UK and keeping it's place in the top 40 for 20 weeks; it reached number 7 in the United States, remaining on the Billboard 200 for 118 weeks.
Tracklisting for the album is as follows:
"Re-Machined: A Tribute To Machine Head"
01. Smoke On The Water - Carlos Santana / Jacoby Shaddix
02. Highway Star - Chickenfoot
03. Maybe I'm A Leo - Glenn Hughes / Chad Smith
04. Pictures of Home - Black Label Society
05. Never Before - Kings of Chaos
06. Smoke On The Water - The Flaming Lips
07. Lazy - Jimmy Barnes with Joe Bonamassa
08. Space Truckin' - Iron Maiden
09. When A Blind Man Cries - Metallica
Exclusive to this special edition:
10. Highway Star - Steve Vai, Glenn Hughes, Chad Smith, Lauchlan Doley