Welcome to the last GI of 2016. It may seem unusual to break new ground in a final issue of the year but that's what we've done by putting an acoustic guitarist, Jon Gomm, on the cover. I'm offering no apologies for that as Jon is a firm favourite here at GI and is a remarkable musician who has shown us there are other ways to take guitar playing forward than simply playing faster and faster...
We've a lot of plans lined-up for 2017 including some new columnists who are working on their ideas even as I type! And on that subject, I'd be very interested to hear your suggestions about what kind of columns you'd like. If you have any suggestions, please email and let me know.
Once upon a time, Christmas used to mean Santa and presents (mercenary? Us?!) but these days it means the looming NAMM show that takes place in California in January. This is the event when the world's musical instrument industry unveils its wares for the next year so keep your eyes on this website for all the latest news and watch out for our reviews in the mag as the new products start to arrive!
Finally, many thanks for enjoying the magazine through this past year and watch out for great things on the way. And, of course, a very Happy New Year to you from everyone at Guitar Interactive!
In this Issue
Jon Gomm – Outrageously talented as both a songwriter and a guitarist, Jon Gomm has finally found himself a new guitar – and Lowden has made it a signature model. He came into the GI studio to perform new songs and tell us all about it. Gary Cooper has the details.
- Aynsley Lister – Aynsley Lister is one of the UK's hardest working Blues Rock players, hailed by the likes of Joe Bonamassa. Aynsley came into the GI studio to perform songs from his new album and speak with Levi Clay.
The Bass Book By Tony Bacon & Barry Moorhouse - competition to win copies!
WIN a complete set of FOUR fabulous LunaStone pro-class pedals in our great free entry competition!
- All the featured downloads from this issue + exclusive Guitar Pro Lite tab software FREE download!
REVIEWS - GUITARS, AMPS & FX
- PRS SE Custom 24 and 22
- Reverend Charger 290
- Fret-King Black Label Elise Gordon Giltrap Signature
- Roland Katana 100 amp head
- SAM Systems Integral miking-up system
- LunaStone The Pusher FX pedal
- BeatBuddy Drum machine pedal
- Ogre FX pedals
Everything you need to take your music live!
- Jaime Vendera's Vocal Bootcamp Season 2
HK Audio Line Base PA system
- Andi Picker - How loud do you want it?
- Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 audio interface
- KRK V6 Nearfield Monitors
- Harrison Mixbus 3.7 software
THE QUIET ROOM
- Lowden Jon Gomm Signature
- Yamaha LL16 ARE
- Aria FET F1 N
- Boulder Creek ECR4-NS
- Column: Giorgio Serci's Creative Fingerstyle
- Spector NS USA CTB fretless
- Epiphone Thunderbird
- Tech-21 Bass FlyRig system
- Darkglass vintage ultra pre-amp