Leading the parade is one of America's finest guitarists, Warren Haynes. Warren's long career has seen him collaborate with so many top musicians, most recently with his fine band Gov't Mule. We also catch up with the master Blues guitarist Walter Trout whose inspiring personal story and Blues mastery deserves every guitarist's attention!
Underpinning both of our interviews is the Blues and if that's the style you want to master, make sure you don't miss Michael Casswell's Blues workout in this issue - it's guaranteed inspiration! All this, plus our usual blend of reviews, columns and this issue's chance to win seven of Seymour Duncan's fantastic FX pedals - one lucky reader is going to have a lot of fun with them this summer!
In this Issue
- Warren Haynes - Stuart Bull meets one one of the America's most accomplished and hard working guitarists. Levi Clay profiles a career that stretches from the Allman Brothers to Gov't Mule.
- Walter Trout - A Bluesman to the core, Walter Trout's career nearly foundered when he ran into a life-threatening health issue. Stuart Bull meets the man who defied the odds and is still out there preaching the Blues. Richard Morgan profiles a legend.
- Blues Workout - are you Blues solos stuck in a rut? Michael Casswell offers a way out
- All the featured downloads from this issue + exclusive Guitar Pro Lite tab software FREE download!
- Music Man JP16 7-string Floyd Rose
- Vigier GV Rock
- Washburn PX Solar 16 Ola Englund Signature
- Yamaha Revstar - RS720b
- James Collins GTA Cocobolo + Bigsby
- Marshall Mini Jubilee 2525H head
- TC Electronic Ditto x4 looper & BonaFide buffer
- Boss PW-3 wah
- Eventide H9 Time & Space
- DigiTech Trio+ Advanced Band Creator
- Graph Tech guitar parts:
- Tusq Xl Nut, String Tree, Ratio Locking Tuners, Ghost Acoustiphonic Advanced Kit
- BeatBuddy Mini
- Tom Quayle
- Michael Casswell - Pro Concepts
- NEW Sam Bell - Extreme Shredding
- Lewis Turner - Back To Basics
- Andy Wood - Country guitar
- Studiomaster Club XS8 desk
- Peavey Dark Matter 2 x PVDM112, 1 x PVDM115SUB
- Andi Picker on Archiving your Projects Pt.3
- sE electronics Voodoo VR21 Ribbon Mic and guitaRF Filter
- PreSonus iTwo STUDIO
- Fluid Audio FX8, F5 and F4 monitors
The Quiet Room
- Cole Clark AN2EC-RDBL-AE electro-acoustic
- Faith Naked Venus Mahogany electro-acoustic
- Washburn HD1OS & WL 10S acoustics
- Seymour Duncan Woody and Mag Mic acoustic pickups
- Radial Tonebone PZ-Pre & DeLuxe pre-amps
- Hofner Verythin 34” bass
- Italia Imola bass
- TC Electronic SpectraComp bass compressor
- Hartke HyDrive 210 and 112 cabs