Our cover star this time around is the American guitarist John 5. Stuart Bull tracked down this chameleon of a player in Los Angeles and brings us an intriguing insight into a man who might as well adopt 'versatility' for his middle name. If you've ever worried about getting pigeon-holed in your career - watch our interview this fabulous guitarist!
Another candidate for the Great Contemporary American Guitarist is Andy McKee, widely considered to be the master of percussive acoustic styles and someone we have wanted to include in the Quiet Room section since way back when the magazine began. Whatever you do, don't miss Andy's exclusive performances in this issue!
As always, we've a packed issue of reviews and our free tuition columns plus the chance to win an astonishing prize - a genuine Taylor acoustic guitar!
I reckon that's a pretty good way to start a New Year - don't you?
In this Issue
John 5 - From David Lee Roth to Rob Zombie via a wide wide selection of artists working in all kinds of styles, John 5 is a master of a dozen styles - or more. Stuart Bull interviews. Levi Clay offers his thoughts on a Telecaster master.
All the featured downloads from this issue + exclusive Guitar Pro Lite tab software FREE download!
- ESP LTD EC1000 Koa
- Vigier GV Rock
- Washburn Parallaxe PXS100
- Maybach Lester '58 Cherry Lane
- Laney GH50R head
- Yamaha THR100D head & THRC 212 cab
- DigiTech Ventura Vibe rotary FX
- Radial Tonebone Trimode Tube Distortion
- ZeroGlide zero fret nut replacement
- Hamstead Soundworks Signature Tremolo
- Electro-Harmonix C9 Organ Machine
- Tom Quayle
- Michael Casswell - Pro Concepts
- Sam Bell - Rock Improvisation
- Lewis Turner - Back To Basics
- Andy Wood - Country guitar
- Bose F1 812 Flexible Array
- Studiomaster LiveSys micro PA & monitor
- FBT X-Lite 12A powered speaker
- Andi Picker on Archiving your Projects
- Proel Eikon 6 & 10S monitors
- SPL Crimson USB audio interface
- Slate Digital virtual mix rack plugin
The Quiet Room
- Andy McKee - Levi Clay meets one of the masters of acoustic guitar
- Taylor 610e (2015)
- Taylor 210ce
- Fender Acoustic Pro combo
- Cordoba Mini O classical
- Column: Giorgio Serci's Creative Fingerstyle
- Dingwall Combustion 5 Bass
- Orange OB1-300 combo
- Nemphasis O2 and Pro Oxygen series pre-amps
- Ampeg PF-50T head