Welcome to our biggest ever issue, with our cover star, Ron 'Bumblefoot' Thal, making a welcome return, accompanied by the man who builds his guitars, Patrice Vigier. Check out too, our interviews with Kiss's Tommy Thayer and Alastair Greene, who handles guitar duties in the Alan Parson's band. That's a lot of great guitar talk!
One of the finest living guitarists, Eric Clapton, turned 70 recently and as a tribute, we asked Michael Casswell for a Tech Session based on Clapton's Cream era style. If you've ever wanted to capture that magic - here's your chance!
A very different kind of magic is Bluegrass and we've pulled together features, reviews, a video mandolin lesson from the amazing Andy Wood and the chance to win a Dean banjo in one great supplement. Ever wanted to find out why Bluegrass matters? Here's the place to start!
Add the chance to win a superb Hughes & Kettner all-tube head, a full complement of gear reviews, guitar tuition columns, Live Sound! and Making Tracks and you have an even bigger Guitar Interactive - and it's still entirely free!
In this Issue
- Ron 'Bumblefooot' Thal - Watching Brief. With a new solo album out, Levi Clay meets the GnR guitar wizard for more revelations.
- Patrice Vigier - A Word with the Master - Levi Clay meets the French luthier who makes Ron Thal's extraordinary guitars.
- Tommy Thayer - The Roar of the Greasepaint. Stuart Bull meets the man with one of the top gigs in Rock: Kiss.
- Alastair Green - Picking for Parsons - Stuart Bull meets Alan Parsons' guitarist. Chris Ingrouille fills in the background of a rising star.
- The Cream of Eric Clapton - as EC celebrates his 70th birthday, Michael Casswell shows us the secrets of the great man's Cream-era genius.
All the featured downloads from this issue + exclusive Guitar Pro Lite tab software FREE download!
- Music Man John Petrucci Artisan Majesty
- Cort Matt Bellamy MBC1
- Gretsch G6120TV Brian Setzer Hot Rod
- Ibanez SJ300 & SS300 DVS Jazz arcthtops
- Burns Marquee Pro
- Hughes & Kettner TubeMeister 18 Anniversary head
- Orange Rockerverb Mk III 100 head
- Hamstead 20+RT Combo
- Vox AC4C1-TV-BC Limited Edition
- Visual Sound Route 66 V3 American Overdrive FX
- Korg Sledgehammer and Sledgehammer Pro tuners
- Tom Quayle
- Michael Casswell - Pro Concepts
- Sam Bell - Extended Guitar
- Lewis Turner - Back To Basics
- Martin Goulding - Modern Rock Techniques
- Steve Trovato - Country style guitar
- NEW - Cameron Allen - From Blues to Jazz
Everything you need to take your music live!
Exclusive - Jaime Vendera's Vocal Bootcamp pt. 13
- Shure PSM 300 Premium in-ear monitoring
- Boss VE-20 Vocal Performer FX
Recording for the practical musician
Andi Picker on track planning pt. 3
- PreSonus Studio 1 V2 DAW
- Palmer DACCAPO re-amping box
- Sennheiser MD421 & e906 dynamic mics
The Quiet Room Tracks
- Bluegrass Matters GI's guide to Bluegrass
- Mandolins for the curious - John Howlett offers a guitarist's guide
- Mandolin Masterclass - Andy Wood delivers a stunning Mandolin Masterclass
- Banjos For Guitar Heads - Sarah Winston Cooper explains why a banjo should be on your shopping list!
- Ibanez BTB33-NTF 5-string bass
- Seymour Duncan Studio Bass Compressor
- Radial Bassbone OD
- Nemphasis VT compressor, Smoke Bass Overdrive & Steam Bass analogue chorus