Zakk Wylde scores his second GI cover with a great new interview and some interesting revelations! Knowing how many of us struggle to nail that fiery Zakk Wylde style, we asked Doug Cartwright to pull out all the stops on a special Zakk Wylde Tech Session. You'll find it inside this issue. Have fun!
Love 'em as we do, blistering solos aren't the only things that make for distinctive guitar playing. Gang Of Four's Andy Gill has proved that in a long career which has seen him influence some of music's biggest names. You can find out why in our special interview and feature.
Meanwhile, we have a fantastic competition with three Orange amps up for grabs, all our regular guitar tuition columns, Live Sound! for when you take your playing (and your vocals!) on stage and Making Tracks for when you're ready to record. And, as we always remind you, unlike the others, GI is still entirely free. Spread the word!
In this Issue
Zakk Wylde - Zakk Wylde wins his second GI front cover with a brand new interview. Levi Clay met-up with the Black Label Society mainman.
Andy Gill - Levi Cay meets the Andy Gill from Gang Of Four whose guitar and producing talents have inspired a generation. Richard Morgan outlines a distinctive career.
Zakk Wylde - Doug Cartwright shows you how to wrap your fingers round some of the fieriest playing in contemporary Rock.
All the featured downloads from this issue + exclusive Guitar Pro Lite tab software FREE download!
- PRS SE 30th Anniversary Custom 24
- Dean Dave Mustaine Stradi VMNT
- Godin LGXT
- Fender American Deluxe Strat Plus
- Laney IRT Pulse
- Mesa Engineering Recto-Verb 25
- Boss Waza Craft SD-1W and BD-2W
- Seymour Duncan Vise Grip compressor
- Boss RC-1 Loop Station
- Red Witch Seven Sisters Grace compressor & Fuzz God II
- Pigtronix Echolution 2 Deluxe & Philosopher's Tone
- Tom Quayle
- Michael Casswell - Pro Concepts
- Sam Bell - Extended Guitar
- Lewis Turner - Back To Basics
- Rick Graham - Unlocking Your Musical Potential
- Martin Goulding - Modern Rock Techniques
Steve Trovato - Country style guitar
- HH Red 2a active speakers
- Heil Sound PR 35 & The Fin microphones
The Quiet Room Tracks
- Giorgio Serci - Creative Fingerstyle
- Elrick Expat Evo 5 & Evo 4 fretless
- Orange OB-1 300
- Ampeg BA-110 V2 & BA-115 V2
- Aguilar Chorosaurus