PRESS RELEASE - Today Budda Amplificationannounces the release of its new AS Preceptor Alex Skolnicksignature guitar amplifier. This 3-channel amp marries exceptionaltonal quality and versatility with superb build construction andunique styling.
Perhaps best known as the guitarist for the multi-platinum bandTestament, Skolnick is a stylistically versatile player, performingin a variety of other projects including his jazz trio, The AlexSkolnick Trio, and a forthcoming world music project, PlanetaryCoalition. The new Budda AS Preceptor suits his demanding tonalrequirements.
The epitome of authentic tone and modern sophistication, theBudda AS Preceptor was crafted to both Budda and Skolnick'sexacting standards, resulting in an amplifier that can range fromsearing to pristine and everything in-between.
With three completely independent channels, a 120-Watt powersection driven by four EL-34 tubes, and a preamp consisting ofseven dual triode 12AX7 tubes, the AS Preceptor also features dual5U4 rectifier tubes and a solid-state rectifier. Budda'spatent-pending PowerPan variable rectification control allowsplayers to open uncharted tone territory by selecting tuberectification, diode rectification or anywhere between the two.
All three of the AS Preceptor's independent channels - Clean,Rhythm and Lead - include separate three-band EQ, Reverb,Resonance, Presence, and true bypass effects loop with send andreturn levels. Each channel also features OVER-BOOST, astompbox-style lead boost that engages an additional tube-drivengain circuit to give players a supercharged boost. The effects loopon channel 2 can also be used as a global loop for incredibleversatility in effects routing.
The included nine-button foot controller switches all threechannels digitally via MIDI, effects loops and OVER-BOOSTfunctions, as well as Master Reverb and Master Boost, which is asecond Master Volume control that can be used to boost the overallvolume of the amp.
The AS Preceptor also features a half-power switch for operatingthe amplifier in either 60- or 120-watt mode. With a back panelthat features an amplifier chain section with power-amp inputs anda slave output, impedance selector and MIDI input and output foruse in MIDI-switching rigs, this amp is at home as the centerpieceof a larger system.
• 120 Watts into 16, 8 or 4 ohms with half-power switch
• 3 channels: clean, rhythm and lead
• Five 12AX7 preamp tubes used in three completely independentchannels
• One 12AX7 tube used in tube-driven stomp box style OVER-BOOSTcircuit
• One 12AX7 tube used as the phase splitter driving the poweramp
• Four EL-34 power amp tubes and convertible to use four 6L6GCtubes
• LED indication of correct output tube biasing
• Two 5U4 rectifier tubes convertible to use 5AR4/GZ34 tubes
• Unique PowerPan control allows panning between solid state andtube rectification
• Power amp can use 6L6GC or EL-34 tubes (plus KT66, KT88, 5881and 6CA7 with re-biasing)
• Rectifier can use 5U4, 5AR4 or GZ34 tubes
• Full / Half Power switch
• Independent preamp EQ (Bass, Mid, Treble), Presence andResonance controls per channel
• Silent LDR MIDI controlled channel switching
• High quality audio grade resistors and poly capsthroughout
• Three effects loops with independent Send and Mix controls andChannel or Global options
• Real spring reverb with separate Reverb level control perchannel
• Footswitchable Master Boost with user defined boost level
• Slave Out and Preamp Out/Power Amp In link jacks
• Massive custom designed output transformer
• Overboost stompbox style lead boost on each channel
• Slave output/Power amp input
• Cabinet impedance switch (4, 8 or 16 Ohms)
• Heavy duty Power and Standby toggle switches
• High and low level 1/4" inputs
• Ceramic tube sockets
• Specially designed 10-button multi-function foot controller(included)
• Stores 9 custom presets, and provides extensive MIDI control forautomation
• Features, specifications and pricing are subject to changewithout notice.
For more information visit: www.budda.com